Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Work within the company’s Quality system, standards and maintain training requirements.
- Work within regulatory requirements such as the FDA.
- Mature approach to design with due consideration to requirements relating to marketing needs, the needs of our patients and customers, human factors / useability, patient therapy performance requirements, environmental factors and design for manufacturing and assembly.
- Operate with a high level of autonomy whilst interacting effectively with, and seeking input from team members and other areas of the business including marketing, manufacturing, clinical and regulatory affairs to ensure the products being developed are appropriate and satisfy all necessary requirements
- Self-management of tasks by the individual and directed by the Project and/or Team Leader.
- Assess, and communicate effectively, the impact of issues with internal customers.
- Research, design, and development of products for manufacture.
- Testing, verification and validation of designed products to ensure they meet the necessary requirements and specifications under anticipated usage scenarios and operating conditions.
- Develop test/measurement capabilities according to need.
- Liaise with internal customers and suppliers in relation to design issues.
- Promote safe working environment within OH&S guidelines.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechatronics, or equivalent, with engineering experience in a product development role.
- Understanding of manufacturing (Plastic Injection Molding) process and limitation.
- Proficient in Creo or other 3D CAD software.
- Basic material understanding of polymers and metals.
- Min 5 years’ experience in product development for mechanical design, preferably in medical or consumer electronics industry.
- Good understanding of FDA, IEC 60601 requirements.
- Proficient in Minitab.
- Proficient in using FEA/CFD software (ANSYS)
Interested applicants, kindly send in a copy of your updated resume in WORD document to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your current and expected remuneration together with notice period required to current employer.
You can also contact Joeyi Lee for a confidential discussion at 6749 0078.
EA Personnel Registration No: R1545706