R&D Project Manager
- Leads a cross-functional team in executing all aspects of a product development project from the start of the project through to successful commercialization.
- Leading the creation of the cross-functional project plan, including budget and resource planning.
- Resolves personal/team conflicts and project/functional conflicts.
- Aligning and managing all cross-functional activities to deliver the product on time and on budget per contract while meeting all agreed upon technical, operational, business and customer requirements.
- Providing work definition and direction to the assigned cross-functional Core Team Members.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to Core Team members and providing significant feedback to functional leaders regarding training needs of, and resources required by, the core team.
- Providing meaningful and significant input to the performance of core team members that is fully considered in their year-end performance reviews and compensation recommendations.
- Successful commercial, design, and business project reviews; makes Management aware of, and proposes solutions to, unanticipated or potential issues/concerns as soon as they are known.
- Successful product design.
- Superior product quality in the field.
- Product acceptability by intended customers; spends time with customers/end-users and constantly invests in understanding customer environment.
- Successful product commercialization.
- Completion of accurate and timely reporting, resource allocation, dashboard updates.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement in organization’s ability to execute programs and projects from initiation through launch.
- Drive governance ensuring projects are executed in accordance to the PMP process
- Ensure that associates apply good engineering practices in the course of the project
- Create and maintain tools for accurate and timely reporting
- Ensure compliance with HRC quality policies, procedures, and practices
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures
- Maintain issue log in connection with development and associated project activities
- Ensure end user documentation meets the needs of the customer in form and content
- Responsible for performing this job in accordance with all applicable regulatory and Quality System Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions, and the Standards of Business Conduct
- Effectively challenges and directs all cross-functional work products based on cross-functional expertise, aptitude, experience, and skills.
- Challenges business leadership with facts and alternate recommendations.
- Effectively leads the Core Team to make tradeoffs between schedule, scope and resources within the boundaries of the project contract.
- Seeks out guidance and training from functional leaders in order to better lead Core Team activities and members.
- Willing to challenge non value-added policies and procedures.
- Takes decisive action when Core Team Members are not performing or delivering, communicates missed expectations directly including contact with functional managers.
- Maintains 2-way communication with Core Team Members, Functional Managers, and Management in the context of roles and accountabilities (e.g. Cor
- Team Members are the primary communication method to Functional Managers).
- Focuses Core Team meetings on looking ahead at program issues and risks, identifying the need for and initiating technical and business reviews, anticipating future risks and initiating risk mitigation.
- Drives the team to consensus but is able to “cap” the discussion and make decisions.
- Acknowledges mistakes and communicates lessons learned.
- Incorporates appropriate tools and methodologies into the development effort that make the team more effective.
- Maintains awareness of current and future possible policies, practices, trends and information that could impact the program or the overall business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Science
- PMP Certification is an advantage
- Complete at least one product life cycle development.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
Interested applicants, kindly send in a copy of your updated resume in WORD document to email@example.com stating your current and expected remuneration together with notice period required to current employer.
You can also contact Joeyi Lee for a confidential discussion at 6749 0078.
EA Personnel Registration No: R1545706