Software Systems Engineer (Network Automation)
- Provide technical support to pre-sales and post-sales team on API capabilities of Juniper JUNOS, NorthStar Controller, Contrail, Junos Space, or any relevant 3rdparty SDN/NFV orchestration software.
- Provide technical support to pre-sales and post-sales team on capabilities of common network automation tools such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet, Jinja2/ERB, Shell script, etc.
- Perform network automation related project design, rollout, application architecture, workflow, development, testing, implementation, etc.
- Perform Proof of Concept (POC) testing on network automation applications.
- Share and influence software engineering best practice to the team and customers.
- Perform engineering support activities remotely or onsite.
- Develop and maintain network automation tools/scripts that can improve efficiency in network operations, increase speed and accuracy of network changes and assist in diagnosis and remediation of advanced network issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical field.
- Preferably experience in software development.
- Proficiency in computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design.
- Working knowledge of networking technologies, in particular IP Routing (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, VRRP, HSRP, etc), IP services (such as DHCP, NAT/PAT, ACL, IP SLA, etc), and enterprise services (Optimization, Firewall, UTM, Load Balancer, Deep Packet Inspection, etc).
- Able to take a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully deployed in production is considered a plus.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable and robust code considered a plus.
- Highly autonomous, detail oriented and possess excellent written and communication skills. o Able to work flexi hours (even after office hours when required).
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Preferably with good knowledge and hands on experience in any of the following areas:
- Proficiency in at least one of the modern programming languages such as Java or Python.
- Proficiency in at least one of the network automation tools, such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet.
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix system configuration, administration, and shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of OpenStack, virtualization and container preferred.
- Understanding of one or more common API and data schema of networking elements, controllers, and orchestrators, such as RESTful, NETCONF, JSON/XML, YANG and OpenConfig.
Interested applicants, kindly send in a copy of your updated resume in WORD document to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your current and expected remuneration together with notice period required to current employer.