Global Commodity Manager
- Active pursue on Cost Savings via Negotiation, Consolidation & Leverage and E-sourcing tools with Key Global Supply Chain Strategic goals in mind.
- Extended arm of the Global Supply Chain located in Asia Pacific, driving Global initiatives while supporting Asia Pacific sites’ opportunities.
- Achieve supplier quality, delivery, lead time and cost performance goals on key commodities for new and existing product programs.
- Support in resolving supplier quality problems and improve supplier manufacturing and business processes.
- Identify, research and implement new materials and manufacturing technologies to improve the company’s competitive position.
- Lead supplier development and align strategies with worldwide commodity team.
- Participate and present Commodity / project presentations to division and corporate management.
- Participate, as assigned, and support division/ corporate programs including NMI, DPO, Best Cost Country sourcing, Direct Buy initiatives, Reverse Auctions, corporate negotiations, Inflation Model, Parts Analysis & Contract management etc.
- Support other department/ functions by providing, as required, pricing data, lead-times, samples, catalogues, new designs and market trends.
- Confer with Quality Assurance, Development Engineering and Marketing to clarify specifications and assure an accurate understanding of the quality required.
- Establish and maintain rapport with critical suppliers to assure a high level of focus on total quality and cost effectiveness.
- Assist tactical buyers with problem resolution and provide procedural guidance.
- Ensures compliance of workplace safety rules, including but not limited to the usage of a personal protective equipment, if provided to you, while working; not involve in any unsafe or negligent act that may endanger peers or oneself; reporting unsafe work conditions and providing suggestions to improve safety/ health at work, as needed.
- Degree in Engineering preferably Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and with at least 5 years relevant experience.
- Preferably project management, sourcing and relevant knowledge.
- Good Communication Skills (Verbal & Written).
- Working knowledge and trained in Lean techniques; SPC, 6-Sigma and Process Improvement tools.
- Familiar with Oracle operations
Interested applicants, kindly forward a copy of your updated resume in WORD document to email@example.com stating your current and expected remuneration as well as your notice period to current employer.
You can also call Jasmine Lim at 6749 7632 for a confidential discussion.
EA Personnel Registration No: R1112468